I love, really like love the thought of portable food at weddings. I adore the thought of dancing below the setting sun to see the deliciousness of an ice cream cart arrive (if of course it’s playing Greensleeves). I also love the casual really feel of guests getting capable to head to a van (or Airstream!) choose their favourite hot dish off the menu and locate a picnic table to eat. It’s such a enjoyable concept for outdoor weddings and one thing that can also lend itself to formal do’s as properly.
What could be a far better ice breaker or party ‘fueler’ than a van showing up close to midnight stocked with treats to permit guests to maintain dancing till dawn?
1. MELBOURNE: Fancy the treats of Southern America? Gumbo Kitchen is the truck for you! Featuring Cajun style New Orleans fare, the van dishes up soft fajitas, lemon ice box pie, hush puppies, po’ boys and of course, gumbo!
two. SYDNEY: Liana Raine not only has the sweetest small popsicle cart with blue and white stripes (Such a fun touch for a beach wedding just to get the tips began..) but the group also create custom flavoured Popsicles total with custom printed sticks. Winning combination no? (Photo by Matt Reed)
3. MELBOURNE: Dhaba is the curry truck. Can you envision serving your guests piping hot Butter Chicken or Beef Korma at midnight?
four. SYDNEY: Yummy Dogs Hot Dog Cart is such a image beneath it’s yellow and white stripe awning. The cart comes equipped with not only gourmet sausages and freshly baked buns, but also a range of relishes, sauces and accompaniments (Sauerkraut, corn relish and onions amongst my favourites on the tasty meter).
5. MELBOURNE: The Taco Truck cruises the streets of Melbourne and is available for functions with what some say is the most delicious Mexican in the city. Obtainable for functions, The Taco Truck caters weddings treating guests to homemade corn chips, guacamole, salsa, tostadas and tacos just to name a handful of of the treats on the menu! (Photo by Structured Pieces from Emily Green’s wedding)
6. ADELAIDE: Seriously yummy delights from this South Australian van Burger Theory who deliver burritos, burgers and fries to bellies about streets of Adelaide.
1. GEELONG: Gelato Events supplies a transportable cart just proper for wedding celebrations. With gelato flavours like Apple Pie, Creme Caramel, Espresso & Classic Chocolate this isn’t just a gelato cart- it’s a feast on wheels!
two. BRISBANE & SOUTH EAST QUEENSLAND: Dolly Vardens travels the country (namely to enjoyable Elvis festivals and anything requiring retro enjoyable) serving up scrumptious coffee and sweet treats (which includes freshly baked French macarons and cupcakes). How fun would Dolly be at your brunch or afternoon tea reception?
3. SYDNEY: Pure Gelato gives a range of diverse packages (from the standard gelato cart with stripe awning, to a display freezer!) for your guests to get pleasure from their favourite flavour at movable convenience.
four. AUSTRALIA WIDE: The healthy burger kings Grill’d have their shiny silver airstream accessible for event catering. With burgers, (my favourite is the Bird & Brie) chips and dipping sauces, your guests will have lots to fill their bellies! (Photo by Jonathan Ong)
5. SYDNEY: Ice cream is so sweet specially when it’s by a properly identified (for their tastiness!) Gelato maker. GelatissiMobile dispenses delicious gelato from brand Gelatissmo (including their ever so sweet bambino cones) and is such a enjoyable addition for a warmer wedding weather wedding (though personally cold weather doesn’t stop me consuming ice cream!)
6. SYDNEY: If there is one particular food cart Sydney does well, it seems ice cream is it! GelatoCart shows this hot pink cart that rather frankly would make me forget the champagne and head straight for the shining beacon that it is.
7. MELBOURNE: Cornutopia provides guests a Mexican feast serving up classic Mexican street food such as tacos, huevos rancheros and sweet corn. (They even have vegetarian, vegan and gluten free possibilities!)
8. MELBOURNE: Sentences I by no means believed I’d variety on Polka Dot Bride. Enormous Weiners delivers scrumptious hot dogs that make the excellent dinner of midnight snack for wedding guests and and their specialty? Foot lengthy hot dogs with lots of toppings!
9. BRISBANE: Double Deckerdence lends far more than just a food truck to your event, guests can even head inside and appreciate the culinary delights of this cafe on wheels! Picture guests enjoying sweet pastries and coffee while watching the dancing guests from the second level of the double decker bus.
Dotties, help a blogger out- I know there are a fabulous’ flavour’ (official collective noun for a group of food trucks!!) of food trucks about to launch in Sydney, but what other ones have I missed? Are there any in Perth? What about the other States I’ve not been able to discover numerous in?
Want Much more? Check Out These Posts:
- Groom Tips: Food
- Wedding Midnight Snacks
- A Chocolate Wedding