It was a very, extremely cold Might weekend when Mr Polka whisked me off to The Langham Hotel in Melbourne for a mini celebration. You see, we like to celebrate and even though we’d dreamt of a trip to Europe this year, we settled for a lovely hotel space and lovely dinner instead. We loved it just as much!
An avid lover of reviews, and true honeymoons I thought I’d share what I loved about The Langham due to the fact not only is it perfect for Melbourne honeymoons but if you’re a Melbourne couple, it’s a darn fine spot to invest your wedding evening!
Mr Polka surprised me with a Terrace Space – 1 of the a lot more luxurious Langham rooms (they have only 4). The Terrace Rooms every single have their own private terrace (which is a massive 49 mtwo ) on top of the already massive suite. The rooms only open in 2011 so they’re nonetheless looking fresh and new.
Terrace Rooms give access to the Club lounge which means complimentary coffee and tea with sweet treats, complimentary drinks and pastries all day (along with cheeses, snacks and dips after nightfall) and complimentary breakfast (which we only ate a little of, as an alternative opting to check out a single of Melbourne’s laneways!). We waited in the club lounge even though our space was ready and dined on macarons and great coffee at a table set with Langham pink roses. To commence our evening celebration, we chose a gin & tonic overlooking the city lights prior to heading out to our dinner reservation.
It’s all in the tiny details when you keep a hotel and it’s what I adore about The Langham. My favourites?
– The LCD Tv screen welcomed us with our names as we entered the space (I told you it was the small factors!)
– Iphone docking! Amazing to play some getting ready music (though the space also comes with a Teleadapt media hub)
– In keeping with the fairytale theme of the hotel, we did discover the tiny frog Pink Lady chocolates and..they had been gone just before dinner. There was also a lovely pink copy of Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland for a little bedtime studying.
– The bathroom (marble, with a bath, separate shower and double sinks) is stocked total of amenities. Almost everything from sunscreen, right after sun gel to Langham pink toothbrushes, packed in luxurious leather clad boxes.
– Turn down service! Not only does the hotel give a handwritten note of the next day’s temperature and weather but I do like the slippers left subsequent to the bed.
– The deck? One particular of the most exquisite views of Melbourne. I could have slept on the balcony in fact. If it wasn’t Melbourne. And freezing.
Of course, The Langham has the Langham king sized heavenly beds which make you wake up and want to buy them (and you can, just examine out the price tag list in your bedroom drawer).
The view is stunning by day, but as the sun set that’s when it actually took my breath away.
In case you’re worried about rain.. this is the view we woke up to.. not half undesirable!
Visit The Langham Hotel website for far more data on their rooms and facilities!
Want Much more? Examine Out These Posts:
- Resort Critique – Gilpin Lake Property, England
- Grace Santorini, Greece
- Maison Moschino