So following months of speculation about what it will consist of, Apple finally released an iOS 6 preview to get the Mac fans salivating at what’s to come “this fall”. I’ve finally had the time to sit down and take a appear at all the new goodies to behold.
You can view their full list of new characteristics and gizmos right here. Anyone who’s game can also attempt out the beta release of iOS 6 on their device(s). Even though personally, I’m gonna wait till the bugs are fixed, thanks.
The parts that sound coolest to me?
- Siri will now “work in more countries” – I can only hope this means that when I ask Siri for the nearest restaurant she doesn’t inform me “I can only appear for businesses in the United States”. That is some thing that ought to just never have been a problem in the 1st spot.
- It is also going to bring Siri to the iPad. Hoorah for far more Siri enjoyable.
- Maps is getting a revamp and will contain a “flyover” view…which just looks awesome.
- Facebook integration: now I can be even a lot more social media mad.
- FaceTime will now function more than a cellular connection (and not just wifi). I mean, I would normally just go with Skype, but hey – FaceTime is a actual novelty for my parents, so they’re disappointed when it does not work.
- The “Passbook” notion sounds cool – having all your film tickets, boarding passes, retail coupons and loyalty cards all in one place, and with the ability to scan them directly from your phone – I have a feeling its one of these items that will only perform at a few locations and will not very be a viable replacement for these things – it’ll be a awesome novelty without in fact being far more convenient. I surely doubt that price range airlines are going to be able to use that as a boarding pass…
Why do not you guys verify out the functions of the most recent iOS and inform us what you assume? How do you assume it measures up to the Windows 8 preview and the Windows Surface tablet?
[By means of Apple and FreakGeeks]
No associated posts.