Fever blisters or cold sores are painful, stinging irritants which are due to the herpes simplex type 1 virus. They can be usually found on or across the mouth and take about 7 -10 days to fix. Fever blisters are infectious and usually due to anxiety, lip harm, trauma to the skin, cosmetic surgery, hormonal changes, dental therapy, overexposure to sun, virus which can be readily distribute through wounds or bruises on the skin, through indirect contact, like making use of a lip balm or sharing a towel / handkerchief, kissing, embracing or close contact with an infected individual. You may notice symptoms like temperature, swollen lips, itchiness, pain and discomfort, headache, swelling of lymph nodes, little, reddish blisters full of fluid. Here are a few excellent home treatments to eliminate fever blisters.
Home Treatments to Get Cleared of Fever Blisters
1. Whole Milk
Milk helps fasten the therapeutic procedure and fight the fever blister virus. You may use it in either manners:
- Just dip a cotton ball in cold whole milk and put it on your contaminated region for 10 minutes. Repeat the exact same procedure a few times daily till you find development.
- Instead, drink a glass of warm whole milk after adding 1 teaspoon of turmeric a day for the next seven days.
Get a clean washcloth and wrap up a couple of ice cubes in it. Use it to the region impacted by the fever blister for 10 to a quarter hour. Carry out this procedure after every 3 hours. Use a lemon balm ointment on the place later.
3. Tea Bags
Take a cup of boiled water and soak a tea bag black/green for a minute. Remove and enable to cool down. Press on the teabag in your fever blister for a few minutes until you eliminate fever blisters and repeat the exact same procedure for 5 to 6 times a day.
For healing the fever blister because of the antibacterial properties, garlic is considered. Smash 2 to 3 garlic cloves to prepare a fine paste. Use it on the affected region and allow it to stand for 10 to a quarter hour. Repeat the exact same process thrice a day for 2 days.
White toothpaste helps treat the fever blisters economically. You may use toothpaste in the following manners:
- Dab on some white toothpaste in your blister and allow it to stand for an entire night. Afterwards, clean it using a damp washcloth and apply some petroleum jelly.
- Blend together one half tablespoon of salt and one teaspoon of white toothpaste. Use cotton to distribute this paste on the affected place prior to going to sleep. Next morning, repeat the procedure daily and wash it with lukewarm water.
Note Avoid using gel or coloured toothpastes.
Make a thick paste by combining 1 cup of 1 egg, yogurt, and 1 tbsp of honey. With a cotton ball, apply this paste on your own blisters. Leave it on for half an hour and then clean it with lukewarm water. Do it once daily. Or else, you can even eat a cup of yogurt 2-3 times a day.
7. Vicks Vaporub
Use some vicks vaporub on the affected place to be able to stop the itchiness the moment the blister begins appearing.
8. Vitamins E and C
Raise ingestion of foodstuffs which are rich in vitamins E and C such as red and green bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, reddish berries, kiwi, leafy green vegetables, avocados, spinach, and whole grain. Alternatively, it’s also possible to use a cotton swab dipped in Vitamin E oil to get rid of the scars resulting from the blister.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
Use apple cider vinegar on the blisters, or else combine it with some water and have it. Instead, you may also use white vinegar in your contaminated skin area by means of a cotton ball.
Vaseline on the blister so they treat at a quicker speed and stay soft.
Some honey on tongue or the lips to get relieve from the pain. It also restrains illness.
12. Grapefruit Seed
Add 2 to 3 drops of grapefruit seed extract and some aloe vera juice in a cup and dab it at the blister.
Take a raw onion, cut on its bits that are little and massage it upon your fever blisters. From getting worse, it prevents blisters.
14. Plum Juice
To get some relief from the pain due to fever blisters, clean your mouth with some fresh plum juice. Alternatively, you can apply it on the contaminated skin using a cotton ball.
15. Reishi and Astragalus
A combination of astragalus and Reishi mushroom to treat the fever blisters. What’s more, you may also distribute 600 milligrams of Reishi powder paste on the affected part.
16. Table Salt
Damp your fingers in water and rub on a bit of table salt on them. Now, press on the blister with your fingers for a few minutes. Instead, soak a cotton ball in hot water, add some salt on it and use it on the affected skin area two times a day for the next 3 days.
17. Baking Soda
Combine in water to create a paste. Use and leave it on for 5 minutes. Wash it away and perform this treatment twice or once a day.
Note Wash your hands thoroughly after using this treatment.
Combine 1 g of lysine, 1 g of vitamin C and 1 g of flavonoids and use up it 5 times a day. Instead, take 1,000-mg capsule of lysine thrice a day followed with a glass of juice.
Note: Consult a doctor for its dosage, as high dosage of lysine can cause serious ailments.
19. Cornstarch Paste
Take a little bowl and place 1 tbsp of cornstarch. Add some fresh water. Use it upon your blister before you hit the hay. Next morning, wash it away gradually with water.
Get a cotton ball and soak it in alcohol. Now, dab it on the affected place. It’s going to burn off but gives results that are powerful.
21. Petroleum Jelly
Use petroleum jelly on fever blister from spreading, as it prevents disease and keep the skin damp.
22. Hydrogen Peroxide
Use hydrogen peroxide in either manner:
- Immerse a cotton ball in 3 hydrogen peroxide solution. Use it on the affected region and leave it for a few minutes. Afterwards, wash with a wet washcloth and pat dry. Repeat the exact same procedure 3 to 4 times a day for 2-3 days.
- Instead, mix of 3 hydrogen peroxide and 2 crushed aspirins to create a paste. Make use of a cotton ball to apply this paste that is prepared on the blister. After 2-3 minutes, wash it away with lukewarm water. Do it once a day for not more than 2 days.
Herbal Treatments to Treat Fever Blisters
23. Tea Tree Oil
To be able to treat the fever blister fast, use this herbal oil. Combine one part of water of tea tree oil in three parts. Use this solution to your blister together with the aid of a cotton ball thrice a day for next day or two.
- Instead, join olive oil as well as tea tree oil in equivalent numbers. Add some eucalyptus oil and use it three times every day for 4 to 5 days.
Blend together 1 tbsp of licorice root powder in 1/2 teaspoon of water to prepare a heavy paste. Use it onto the place that is contaminated together with the aid of a cotton swab. Use it and leave it for a few hours 3 4 times a day to treat fever blister.
- What’s more, you may also have nutritional supplements or licorice root tea to get fast relief.
Note don’t use this treatment when you have high blood pressure.
25. Rhubarb and Sage Cream
Another effectual remedy for treating fever blisters is the mixture of sage and rhubarb cream.
Take a bag of Echinacea tea and put it in a mug. Add 1 cup of freshly boiled water over it. Cover and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Press the bag to express the juice and apply it in your blister.
27. Lemon Balms
The antiviral properties of lemon balm helps prevent temperature sore outbreaks. It’s possible for you to apply lotions which contain lemon balm on the part that is affected.
- Instead, you can prepare tea from dried lemon balm or add its fresh leaves to salads and smoothies.
28. Aloe Vera
Express some gel from an aloe vera leaf and use it in your fever blister. Wash with lukewarm water when it becomes dry and clean it using a soft towel. Do it several times a day for about 3 to 4 days.
Dip a cotton pad in pure vanilla extract until it becomes fully saturated. Dab it on the contaminated region. Hold the cotton pad for about a minute. Do it 4 times a day.
30. White Tea
It helps deactivate the herpes virus since, white tea is loaded with antiviral properties. Thus, prevents cold sore outbreaks.
31. Witch Hazel
Catch a cotton pad and soak it in 1 teaspoon of witch hazel. Use it straight onto the blister and leave on it. Perform the exact same process 1 to 2 times daily.
32. Sage Leaves
Take some of sage leaves and steep them in hot water. Form the solution and use up it thrice a day.
- Instead, you can set soaked tea bags on the affected area for a quarter hour to boost the effectiveness of the treatment.
33. Peppermint Oil
Wash the blister with some fresh water. Later, soak a cotton ball in water after which dunk it in the peppermint oil. Dab it on the affected place. Do it two times daily until it’s no longer wanted, and keep.
- Transformyour toothbrush following your fever blister is totally gone.
- Perform yoga, meditate or attempt aromatherapy.
- Restrict consumption of fats, salt, and alcohol.
- Raise consumption of vegetables, whole grain fiber, fruits, legumes, and protein-rich food.
- Increase consumption of foods rich in zinc.
- Apply sunblock in your face.
- Clean your hands often.
- Never touch the blister as it might spread to other body parts, including eyes or chin.
- Avoid kissing or embracing, sharing eating utensils, drinking cups, razors, towels, silverware, toothbrushes or alternative things of an infected man.
- Avoid sunlight exposure.
- Stay away from foods that are hot.
- Prevent consumption of nuts, chocolate and refined sugar.
- Do not have food high in arginine like nuts, wheat, chocolate, etc.