Has plaque built up over your tooth Do you have swollen gums which bleed while cleaning Are you really exasperated with pain and constant bad breath while chewing food If response to some of these questions is yes, then there are opportunities which you have gingivitis. The other symptoms of the disorder are receding gum lines, redness and discomfort in the gums, and deep pocket between teeth and gums. If left untreated, this might result in the creation of periodontitis gum disease, that will cause your gums to pull away from your teeth. This may slowly lead to loosening and falling of your teeth. The likely reasons of gingivitis are dry mouth, genetics, specific drugs, excessive smoking, poor diet, broken fillings, teeth that are uneven, diabetes, etc. Read on this particular informative article, it describes various home treatments to eliminate gingivitis.
Home Remedies for Gingivitis
1. Sea Salt
Blend sea salt in 1 cup of water and gargle with this solution. This has to be done many times a day and especially after meals. This treatment efficiently helps treat gingivitis.
Notice – don’t consume this solution.
2. Tea Bag Compress
You can reuse the tea bag after making tea. Put it over your gums and remove after 15-20 minutes. It is an extremely natural and effectual home treatment for gingivitis.
Rub on some honey over the contaminated gums after you brush your teeth in the morning. This really is only one of the tested home remedies which ease in treating gingivitis
4. Cranberry Juice
Have at least 4 glasses of cranberry juice daily. It’s going to get rid of the plaque and behave as cleanser and a mouth freshener.
5. Salt and Lemon Paste
Blend 1/2 tablespoon of salt and juice of 1 lemon to make a fine spread. This paste should be applied over teeth and gums. Subsequently, wash off after a couple of minutes. The vitamin C content in lemon juice helps break down plaque as well as the malic acid removes spot.
6. Baking Powder
A paste of baking powder with warm water helps remove the plaque and acts as natural toothpaste for gingivitis.
7. Coconut and Sesame Oil
Massage gums and your teeth using a blend of sesame and coconut oil to decrease the decline of blood during the cleaning of teeth from gums.
- An alternative would be to swish your mouth with coconut and sesame oil concoction after which spit it out. Rinse your mouth with warm water. This has to be done before brushing your teeth, for a month. This treatment reduces pain and the tenderness due to bleeding gums.
8. Clove Oil
Some clove oil over the gums to lessen bleeding and swelling.
- Instead, chew on 2-3 cloves daily for some weeks to eliminate pain
- Or add water to warm and use this water. This helps alleviate inflammation as well as pain.
9. Mustard Oil and Salt
Blend salt in 2 tablespoons of mustard oil; and massage it over your gums in circular motion. Leave it for some time after which rinse off with warm water. Inflammation relieves and reinforces the gums.
10. Cayenne Powder
Combine in your standard toothpaste and brush your teeth two times a day. The antimicrobial properties of cayenne stop the onset of periodontal disease and will kill all of the microorganisms within the mouth.
11. Hydrogen Peroxide
Take 1/2 cup of water and blend 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide into it. Rinse your mouth with this particular solution, however don’t have it. This functions as an all-natural cleanser which efficiently cleanses the teeth by removing plaque that is old.
Dissolve some alum in 1 glass of plain water. Rinse your mouth with this particular solution at least 3 times a day. It’ll kill the germs within the mouth, keeping the plaque in check.
Take a mature guava. Roast it. Sprinkle some salt over it as a salad and eat it.
- Instead, chew some guava leaves. The leaves are a rich source of calcium, vitamin C, lycopene, lutein and cryptoxanthin enzymes. All these help fight off free radicals and removal of plaque.
14. Lemon Juice
Squeeze juice of 1 lemon in a glass of warm water and use this water. Instead, use lime juice in your everyday food.
15. Cosmetic Clay
Blend drops of tea tree oil, 11/2 1/4 tablespoon of baking soda, a few 1/4 cup of cosmetic clay, cups of glycerin, 1/8 cup of sea salt, and myrrh solution. Mix these ingredients to form a smooth paste. Use it as toothpaste to treat gingivitis.
Blend 50 grams of 100 grams of azadirachta indica powder, turmeric with 2 tablespoons of alum powder and 1 tablespoon of salt. Rub on this powder above your gums and teeth. You can even add some water to the powder to create a smooth paste. Rub on teeth and your gums with this particular paste, and rinse your mouth with water after a while. The antibacterial properties of turmeric and azadirachta indica ward off gingiva diseases and germs.
- Instead, combine of turmeric, 1/2 tablespoon each of salt and mustard oil. Massage gums and your teeth with this paste two times a day.
- Or, combine turmeric powder with some E oil. vitamin water and The resultant paste and stay it for at least 10 minutes. Duplicate it daily for several weeks to find favorable results.
- Just add water to the turmeric powder. Brush your teeth with this particular paste for several minutes and after that rinse your mouth with water. This has to be done for several weeks.
17. Unsweetened Yogurt
Probiotics like yogurt are believed to be outstanding for healthy gums. Eat plain yogurt daily. You can even use small amount of yogurt in your gums.
18. Apple Cider Vinegar
Combine a tablespoon of organic ACV in a cup of plain water. Use this solution as mouthwash.
Note- Do Not use undiluted ACV as it may damage the tooth enamel.
The acidic nature of strawberries prevents the accumulation of tartar on the teeth. Mix some strawberries with lemon juice. With the aid of a toothbrush, rub on this pulpy mixture on gums. Rinse off nicely after a couple of minutes.
The antifungal and antibiotic properties of garlic keep gums disease at bay. Simply place a crushed garlic clove on the affected gums for a couple of minutes.
Herbal Treatments for Gingivitis
21. Aloe Vera
Use some aloe vera gel over the affected region and allow it to sit there for 10 minutes. Eventually, wash off with warm water.
22. Peppermint Leaves
Soak some peppermint leaves in water for half an hour and then strain the mixture. Use it to rinse your mouth. Practice it at least 2-3 times a day.
- Instead, you can prepare peppermint tea and drink it between meals.
- An alternative would be to make use of peppermint flavored toothpaste.
23. Kava Root and Myrrh Gum Powder
Blend kava root powder with myrrh gum powder. Add 5-8 drops of any essential oil and ONE tablespoon of white oak bark solution to form a paste. This paste should be utilized to brush your teeth frequently until the bacterial disease goes away.
24. Tea Tree Oil
Apply several drops of tea tree oil above your gums in circular motion. This functions as a great treatment for the disease that is gingivitis. Instead, add several drops of tea tree oil to your regular toothpaste and use it to brush your teeth twice daily.
25. Acacia Catechu
Apply paste of the herb equally on your bleeding and swollen gums. Rinse your mouth with water after 5 minutes. This herb has healing properties which efficiently treats bleeding gums.
26. Herbal Powder
Blend tablespoons of clove powder, and 3/4 tablespoon of peppermint leaf powder, 2 tablespoons of white oak powder. Massage your gums with this particular herbal powder. The bad breath will be dumped by the fresh scent of peppermint; as well as the pain caused due to weakening of tooth will be reduced by the analgesic effect of clove.
27. Sage Powder
Add 1 tablespoon of sage powder to a cup of water and let it boil. Add some salt to this solution. Permit it to cool and sip on it after brushing your teeth daily. This helps soothe the inflamed gums.
28. Echinacea Pull
Add 11/2 tablespoons of Echinacea extract to a glass of warm water. Use this water. Resistance and reduces enhances inflammation.
- Rub on your gums with your finger every morning due to loosening of tooth to ease the pain occurring.
- Brush your teeth
- Use tongue after brushing your teeth cleaner. And get a soft toothbrush to brush your teeth
- Make it a daily practice to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after each meal.
- Drink a lot of water and eat a lot of veggies and fresh fruits.
- Make sure your toothpaste has antibacterial properties.
- Change out your toothbrush every 3-4 months.
- Add up calcium in your daily diet.
- As it encourages oral well-being consumption vitamin C supplements.
- Shun drinking and smoking.
- Cut back on artificial sugar, fruit juices and junk foods having extra salt.
- Don’t take pressure.
- Prevent tobacco.