Black eye also called periorbital hematoma as the name implies is blackening of the region enclosing the eye. Black eye is the result of bruising round the eye, which is light before and darkens as the days pass and can cause humiliation. Occasionally allergic reactions, insect bites and cellulitis could additionally lead to the black eye. Black coloring throughout the eye, swelling, blurred vision, and trouble in opening the eye are the most frequent symptoms one can experience. In rather serious cases, loss of eyesight, pain while transferring the eye, sometimes, blood coming out of unconsciousness, headache, nausea or the eye might happen. Thus, to eliminate black eye, here are some “must try” home remedies.
Home Treatments for Black Eye
1. Cold Compress
Ice is most sure treatment to treat black eye as it constricts the blood vessels, thereby reducing the swelling and foolproof. It decreases the pain to quite a great extent and makes the place numb. Envelop some ice cubes in a muslin cloth and use it consistently on the affected region.
- Apply it and among the simplest methods to treat black eye would be to refrigerate a metal spoon. It’s going to inhibit the inflammation and annoyance.
Note: don’t apply the ice or cold items directly to the affected region as it might worsen the status.
2. Tea Bags
Tea bags can turn out to be rather useful in fading the bruise in a day or two and hasten the healing procedure. Boil in some quantity of water then apply the solution that is prepared together with the aid of a material that is soft, 2-3 times a day.
- Instead, you can also set the tea bag that is warm on the eye.
3. Warm Compress
This procedure ought to be attempted after 2 days of the harm. The blood flow will be accelerated by a warm compress to the affected region. Get a towel and immerse it in the warm water. Apply it to the eye. Repeat the exact same procedure for 10-15 minutes every other hour.
Note: don’t directly clean your eye with warm water.
Potato is a great remedy to fight swelling and the pain. Cut the potato into thick pieces and let them cool in the fridge. Until it turns warm, keep the cooled cut on the eye. It’s going to decrease the pain immediately. Repeat the procedure till the black eye gets totally treated.
- Instead, you can grate a potato and apply it to the eye for about 15-20 minutes a day.
5. Boiled Egg
Boiled egg has been put to use for a number of years to treat bruises. All you need is a boiled and peeled egg. Apply it to the eye when warm. Till it cools down, roll it on the affected place. Boil again and repeat the process 2-3 times a day.
6. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is an established treatment to take care of the black eye. Blend cayenne pepper 1 tbsp in Vaseline 5 tbs and apply the resultant mix on the eye, two times a day.
Note: Take additional attention so that it does not enter the eye and if it does, then wash promptly.
Cucumber is a cooling agent and has anti inflammatory properties. Cut the cucumber into pieces and allow it to cool down for some time in the fridge. After that, use the piece on the eye till it turns warm. Repeat this procedure at regular times, daily.
8. Pineapple and Papaya
Papaya and pineapple help accelerate the healing process and are natural antioxidants. They put a stop to the development of disease. Take the pulp of both the fruits and use on the affected place, or you also can also drink their juice in order to make the skin more healthy.
Soak some oatmeal in warm water and put on the paste formed on the eye, to soothe the skin and decrease the swelling. Duplicate it for about 5-6 days.
10. Vitamin C and K
Recuperate quickly and to be able to fix the broken veins, add plenty of vegetables and vitamin C fruits in your daily diet. Fruits like mango, lemon, orange, bell peppers, Indian gooseberry, kiwi, pineapple, and guava is going to do the task for you.
- Being an exceptional antioxidant, vitamin K helps fix the damaged blood vessels and capillaries. Therefore, contain Brussels sprouts, cabbage, asparagus, broccoli, dark leafy veggies, prunes, and other vitamin K rich food in your daily diet.
Herbal Treatments to Treat Black Eye
Calendula decreases the swelling and helps ease the inflammation across the region. Get calendula petals and boil them in a cup of plain water. Use the resultant solution together with the aid of a washcloth or towel, two times a day.
12. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel has been utilized by American Indians for treating many ailments like bruises, sores, and swelling. Dilute the witch hazel extract about 10 falls in 100 ml of water and apply on the affected area using a cotton ball.
13. Olive Oil
Olive oil is another easy and powerful treatment to remove black eye readily. Simply take some olive oil and massage on the affected region with light hands for 5-10 minutes, 2-3 times a day, until the results are achieved.
14. Bloodroot Paste
Bloodroot herb has been widely used since years to take care of skin diseases, and is among the natural treatments for the black eye. Dissolve powder that is bloodroot in the sufficient quantity of water and put on the paste on the affected region for a week.
- Don’t use bloodroot on the skin for quite a long time.
- This treatment should be avoided by pregnant women.
It’s yet another greatest treatment for the black eye. Arnica helps remove the swelling but also reconstructs muscles and the ruptured tissues. It ought to be used as early as possible before the bruise turns worse. Take arnica oil and massage it 3-4 times without using much force.
16. Comfrey Root
Comfrey root is another sure treatment which helps rejuvenate the skin cells. Make a paste of comfrey root herb 1 teaspoon and water 1/2 teaspoon. Apply it to the eye for 5-10 minutes daily.
- Instead, you can boil the herb in the sufficient quantity of water and apply the prepared solution when warm on the eye together with the aid of a material.
- Keep your head elevated on a regular basis to cut back swelling.
- Frequently massage the region with natural oil.
- Wear eyeglasses each single time you step out, to secure your eyes from soil, dust, and pollution.
- Drink plenty of water to maintain your body -hydrated.
- Take plenty of slumber and rest punctually.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes it’s going to cause more pain.
- Avoid using make-up as it will allow it to be itchy and bloated when the part continues to be swelled.
- Don’t use warm compress before 2 days as it will make the bruise darker.