All windows operating technique versions like windows xp, windows vista windows 7 supply a feature to produce multiple user accounts. You can offers each user accounts some specific permissions. If there are a lot more than one user accounts on a computer. They will be displayed on welcome screen. You can login to particular user account. In truth whilst displaying all user accounts on welcome screen has often some security dangers. Somebody can hack your laptop or computer by just guessing your password as username is already displayed right here. To make safety more stronger on your pc, your can hide a user account from the welcome screen in windows xp, windows vista and windows 7 by basic hack as explained in following steps: –
- Go to Commence >> Run or Press Windows important+R.
- Kind regedit in Run dialogue box opened.
- If it prompts for your permission to edit registry, just press Yes.
- Immediately after registry editor opens, just stick to the path as offered HKEY_Neighborhood_MACHINE >> Computer software >> Microsoft >> Windows NT >> CurrentVersion >> Winlogon >> SpecialAccounts >> UserList
- If you can’t see SpecialAccount below Winlogon, just correct-click on Windlogon >> New >> Crucial. Name this essential as SpecialAccounts.
- Now proper click on SpecialAccounts >> New >> Essential. Name this key as UserList ( Situation sensitive)
- If SpecialAccounts and UserList are currently present beneath Winlogon, You want not to perform above two methods. Just continue from below step.
- Now proper click on UserList >> New >> DWORD(32-bit) Worth
- Just name this value exactly as the user account which you want to hide.
- Restart your computer. You will not see that specific user account on welcome screen on starting windows this time.
- For logging in to hidden account in windows xp, Very first alternative is to go to reboot windows in safe mode. In safe mode all the user accounts will be shown. And you can log in to hidden account. Besides you can type manually username and password on welcome screen to log in hidden account.
- Secondly you can press CTRL+ALT+DEL ( two times)
- But to log in hidden user account in windows 7, you can read our comprehensive post How-To allow user account login with username and password in Windows 7. After creating some changes as explained in this post. You will be capable to log in by typing username and password in welcome screen just as in windows xp.
Now yet again to show this hidden user account, just delete above DWORD(32-bit) value produced. That user account will be once again shown on welcome screen.
So you can hide any user account in windows xp, windows vista and windows 7 to make your pc security much more much better.