If you are operating windows 7 on your pc , you will be nicely known that windows 7 use to show all user accounts on welcome screen which exist on your pc. One can select any one user account and subsequently can fill password for that user account and might be capable to log in to pc. But this function has usually some security dangers. As all the user account names are displayed on welcome screen. So your username is usually displayed to anybody stranger. He don’t need to find your username. He can guess your password too and can log in to your computer. He can harm your method or can stole some essential information from your computer.
To overcome this problem you can allow Windows XP style welcome screen where any computer user wants to enter USERNAME as effectively as PASSWORD on welcome screen right after starting windows 7. So any personal computer user account name will not be displayed on welcome screen. So this can assist you in hiding all user accounts from welcome screen. Besides you will be in a position to log in any hidden user account by this screen. To allow windows XP style log in screen which demand password as effectively as username for the duration of log in, you can follow simple measures provided below:-
- Go to Commence menu >> Run or Press Windows key+R
- Sort regedit in Run dialogue box
- If it prompts for your permission press Yes.
- When registry editor is opened just comply with the path as HKEY_Local_MACHINE >> Application >> Microsoft >> Windows >> CurrentVersion >> Policies >. Program
- Locate dontdisplaylastusername in proper hand side files as shown in above image. Appropriate click on dontdisplaylastusername and pick Modify.
- To allow Windows XP style log in screen with username and password, place the worth as 1 and hold the base as Hexadecimal.
- To revert back to new windows 7 style log in which require only password for any a single user account out of shown on welcome screen. You can put value as and base as Hexadecimal.
Finally press OK. Restart your personal computer. Now you will see welcome screen in window 7 needs username and password for log in to any user account. In this way, you can allow windows xp style user account log in with username and password to make your computer safety much more greater.