Mozilla has pushed out the very first beta of Firefox 7 which seriously reduces the memory usage utilizing Memshrink. According to Mozilla’;s developer Nicholas Nethercote, Firefox 7 uses 20 to 50 percent less memory than its previous versions.
The new beta offers some other advantages too such as:
- improved responsiveness, startup and page load time
- tools that will help developers measure load times
- faster synchronization of bookmarks and passwords
- added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
- Azure Direct2D for Canvas (which increases canvas-based animations in HTML5)
Mozilla Firefox 7 is definitely the part of Mozilla’s recent rapid deployment of browsers to catch up with its competitors. The final version of Firefox 7 is scheduled to be released on Sept 27 this year.
Download Firefox 7 Beta for Windows are available.
Download Firefox 7 Beta for Linux are available.
Download Firefox 7 Beta for Mac are available.