This newest version of the McLaren MP4-12C, which at release set a new standard among its competition for energy, performance and revolutionary technological innovation, is available to purchase now. Clients who have already taken shipping of a 12C are not being ignored, though. Every 12C proprietor is being provided a program of improvements, such as the additional 25PS (25hp), at no cost, underlining McLaren’s investment to its customers guaranteeing they appreciate having their 12C as much as they do generating it.
The program of improvements to the McLaren MP4-12C requirements from Oct 2012 contains improvements to the 12C’s website and indication, moreover to other efficient functions. A concentrate on drivetrain growth has given McLaren Automotive’s technical engineers to be able to improve the McLaren MP4-12C’s 3.8-litre double turbocompresseur V8 outcome from 600PS (592hp) to 625PS (616hp). The remodeled website applying has not changed the amazing performance of the M838T website, with 12C CO2 pollutants staying at just 279 g/km, and gas mileage registered on the EU mixed pattern at 24.2 mpg (11.7 l/100km).
Modification of the 7-Speed SSG indication to which the McLaren MP4-12C’s high-powered website is mated has led to cleaner reduce reaction and enhanced clutch system management for equipment changes that are both quicker and better.
The McLaren MP4-12C functions a modern Consumption Audio Turbine (ISG). This system performs by managing website intake disturbance within the cottage at varying stages, with regards to the Powertrain function chosen for the car. Going up through Regular, Game and Monitor Powertrain ways increases the aural dilemma and generating encounter of the 12C, with website disturbance in the cottage modifying when reduce energy is used and revs improve. With the 2013 requirements 12C, the car proprietor will be able to choose the stage of website disturbance provided in each function through an digital selection available via the device group.
A amazing new top excellent colour complete will be included to the alternatives record for the new McLaren MP4-12C. Volcanic Yellow-colored connects the ‘Elite’ set of colour completes available for the enhanced style, and guarantees to be as amazing as the well-known Volcanic Red and Volcanic Red completes chosen by many MP4-12C customers since the car was released this year.
2013 McLaren MP4-12C Technical Specification
- Drivetrain layout: Longitudinal mid-engine, RWD
- Engine configuration: V8 twin turbo
- Engine material: Aluminium block and cylinder heads
- Oiling: Dry sump
- Compression ratio: 8.7:1
- Valvetrain: 32-valve, DOHC, dual VVT
- Redline: 8,500 rpm
- Bore x Stroke: 93 x 69.9 mm
- Engine displacement: 3799 cc
- Power: 625 PS @ 7500 rpm
- Torque: 600 Nm @ 3000-7000 rpm
- PS per litre: 164
- Transmission: 7 Speed SSG with Pre-Cog
- Body structure: Carbon fibre MonoCell with aluminum front and rear frames
- Wheelbase: 2670 mm
- Track: F:1656 mm / R:1583 mm
- Length: 4509 mm
- Width: 1908 mm
- Height: 1199 mm
- DIN weight: 1434 kg / 3161 lbs
- Dry weight: 1336 kg / 2945 lbs
- Dry weight with lightweight options: 1301 kg / 2868 lbs
- Weight distribution at DIN: F:42.5% / R:57.5%
- Active aerodynamics: McLaren Airbrake
- Suspension: ProActive Chassis Control
- ProActive Chassis Control modes: Winter / Normal / Sport / Track
- Powertrain modes: Winter / Normal / Sport / Track
- Brakes: Cast iron discs with forged aluminum hubs (F:370mm / R:350 mm)
- Wheel sizes (F / R): 19″ x 8.5″J / 20″ x 11″ J
- Tyres (F / R): Pirelli PZero 235/35 R19 / 305/30 R20